We will have a day of "why" and a day of "how". They are driven by a few simple questions and lots of activities, examples, and hopefully some inspiration, deep reflection, collaboration, and some fun!
Day of "Why":
- Why are we here, what is our main purpose? (always good to revisit this question)
- Why is it important to not only spread our message globally, but even more importantly locally?
- Why is it important to support each other and do some of this work together?
- Why is it important to have both audacious and less audacious goals?
- Why is important to continue to push each other within a framework of sharing in order to continue forward progress in the process and journey
- Why is never okay to say we are done or I can't do that?
- Why is it always okay and expected to say "what if..." and "explain that to me better..."
Day of "How":
- How do we become even more awesome than we are?
- How do we begin, first steps to achieve the goals we are striving for?
- How do we set up systems that fit these goals vs. fitting into a system that may lead us down the wrong path?
- How do we use technology to better assist our students and our own work as educators?
- How do we create lessons that don't waste time so that we have the ability to push our students to a deeper understanding?
- How do we only focus on 2 objectives to drive all this movement? Yes 2 main focuses.
Why and How
Could it really boil down to that simple a concept? Probably not, but that is how we are starting and our focus is clear and detailed. Knowing the #cddolphins I know we will fill in the rest together and as always, "Make it Awesome!" Be ready, because the 10 month journey is about to start again and I may have 2 cups of coffee tomorrow!